Choosing the Right Nephrologist for You
Nephrologists specialize in conditions and diseases that affect your kidneys, but finding the right doctor for your condition can be difficult. At Midwest Nephrology, our goal is to make it as simple and hassle-free as possible to connect you with the specialist that is right for you. Our experienced staff has many years of experience providing comprehensive care for a variety of conditions. Look at our online physician profiles for more information about our physicians, their experience, and specialties.
Around 12,000 people are living with kidney failure in Wisconsin alone, and in the United States, 37 million people have kidney disease. Your health is important, and our experts at Midwest Nephrology are highly skilled and experienced physicians dedicated to improving your quality of life. Keep reading to learn more about finding the right nephrologist for your specific condition and needs.
9 Tips On Finding the Best Nephrologist for Your Care
There are many factors that may influence your decision to choose one nephrologist over another, here are some things to consider when finding the right physician for your specific needs and preferences.
- Referrals: Consider the overall reputation and credentials of a nephrologist prior to scheduling an appointment.
- Experience: It may be helpful to consider whether a particular nephrologist has expertise in the area you are concerned about. Our physicians’ specialties and general experience can be found by visiting our physician profiles.
- New Patient On-Boarding Information: Download and prepare everything you need for your first visit.
- Hospital Quality: Research the hospital’s overall quality and reputation.
- Location: Midwest Nephrology has many locations around the Milwaukee, WI area.
- Patient Reviews: Consider reading patient reviews and recommendations.
- Staff and Availability: Look into specific staff members and their availability during the time period you are seeking care for.
- Compatibility/Communication styles: It is important to find a specialist that you feel comfortable sharing information with and asking questions.
- Specialty: It is important to choose a nephrologist that specializes in your current illness.
Schedule an Appointment with a Nephrologist in the Milwaukee, WI area
At Midwest Nephrology, our dedicated team of providers and certified staff are ready to assist you in diagnosing and treating your kidney concerns. Contact Midwest Nephrology if you have any questions or are looking for a consultation today.
In order to prepare for your appointment, make sure to ask about any restrictions you must be aware of such as fluid intake or sodium levels. Keep a detailed account of your symptoms, recent stressors, and current medications. Make sure to bring past medical information and any questions you may have. To schedule an appointment, you can visit our website’s homepage or contact us through the secure form listed above.